Sunday, September 16, 2012

Create with Connie and Mary Challenges

I am going to attempt to post both challenges on the same post. I am doing the regular week one as well as the members only of the Holiday Edition that showed up today. Both have very fall colors and I did each one separately and differently. First, the regular challenge (the one any one can play with and post to).
I chose to do this one using the swipe method where you make your own background by swiping the ink pads directly to the paper. This is a little 3x3 card with an old piece of hardware from the retired Pretties kit.






The next challenge was also a color challenge and I did not get so carried away for this one! I kept it a bit more simple as is more my style.
For this card I used Gently Falling and From my Heart. I love the sentiments in the From the Heart set! I guess everyone is on the Fall theme now and even here in hot Atlanta we are seeing signs of an early fall with cooler mornings and leaves already starting to change!




8 comments:

  1. I love your ink directly to the card - Such a cool background!

    I need to remember to use the Natural DSP - The woodgrain looks fabulous with this card!

    Thanks for playing along with both challenges this week at Create with Connie & Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun background you created on your first card and I love your card for the Saturday challenge...very clean and simple but with a lot of color pop! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge and Saturday Holiday Edition challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, love the direct to paper background on the first card...and the CAS look on the second card. Great job on both cards! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fall leaves card. Love the background. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great fall cards! The swipe method looks so great with the leaves! It creates such interest!! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are super lovely Judi. I like the ink to paper and how you intermingled the colors. And the woodgrain looks great as a background for your leaves. Thanks for joining CCMC and also the Saturday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both so pretty! I love the background you created on the first card. That is so cool! Thanks for joining us at Create With Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's so cool how you did both color challenges in one post--fun fun! I love the background of the first card. It's so rich and full of yummy colors. The leaves are great and bring the card to life. Thanks for playing both challenges this week at Create with Connie and Mary. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete