Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle




I found this challenge on Sherrill's blog...to make a card from recycled stuff and so I cut a side off of one of my Stampin' Up! boxes, did a little ripping and tearing. Then I stamped a background using Old Olive ink and my Bella Toile stamp. I stamped the sentiment from the Define Your Life stamp set using Rich Razzleberry ink. I also used the new Extra Large Flower Fancy punch and punched 6 flowers from the filler paper from the shipping box. I inked it with Rich Razzleberry, wrinkled and crinkled it, added some leaves cut from scraps from the Welcome Neighbor DSP that was available during Sale-a-Bration and added a rhinestone brad to hold it all together. Of course, the ribbon is the Rich Razzleberry polka-dot grosgrain ribbon. I distressed it a little and Voila...a recycled card that I would be proud to send to anyone!

3 comments:

  1. I love that you entered my contest by making a recycled card!!! It's very nice too. I got a chuckle out of the fact that you used the paper that comes in our stampin up boxes, how smart! I always wonder what to do with that stuff, yet I hate to throw it away. In the winter we burn it in our fireplace (when we start the fire) works great! Take Care
    Thanks for playing along, Sherrill Graff istmpnv@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gorgeous!! I had not thought about using the large flower for a 3D flower!

    ReplyDelete