Saturday, June 14, 2014

Dad's Day

Celebrate Dad

Father’s Day is quickly approaching. My dad has asked for years that we not buy him presents, so I like to make sure I still recognize and celebrate him on Father’s Day. There’s no better way to make someone feel special than a handmade card. And I’ll likely bake something special, too.
Whenever I can’t find just the right greeting, I love to create my own using an alphabet stamp set. Our new 2014–2015 annual catalog has quite a few to choose from. The one I chose to use is the Metro Type Alphabet Stamp Set. And because all alphabet sets are offered in photopolymer, it’s easy to stamp words in a straight line. (No Stamp-a-ma-jig required!)
I also added a subtle wood background to my card front using the Hardwood Background Stamp. It has a clean, masculine feel.
A card is a simple way to express love and appreciation to someone. And although it’s not a present, I believe it’s the little things that matter most, anyway!
Happy Father’s Day, Dad!


No comments:

Post a Comment