Sunday, January 29, 2012

It's the Occasions Create with Connie and Mary Challenge



What does the Occasions Create with Connie and Mary mean? Create with Connie and Mary is a blog with challenges but whenever the new mini comes out they do special tutorials for the mini that are subscription based. I love these tutorials because they are so doable and they post great instructions. So, I joined again and will have 2 challenges per week. This is the 1st challenge that I am playing with even though it is week 2. This is a color challenge. Find out more by clicking here.
To play along I had to use the above colors in a card of my own. I chose to CASE a card I made at regionals by using the colors and a few different embellishments to build the card. This is a 3x6 card. I used the fun flowers from the mini called Blossom Builders on page 18. The bottom flower was punched with the  Blossom punch also seen in this new mini. 
close up of flowers
It might not show very well but the center brad is from the fire circles collection and the friend tag is whisper white not the weird pink it is looking like on the computer!

5 comments:

  1. Nice use of the Blossom Builders along with the Blossom Punch - and I just love 3" x 6" cards. So much fun to make something different once in awhile! Thanks for sharing it with the Create with Connie and Mary Occasions team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is lovely. I really REALLY like the ribbon tab and the little pearl details. The frame the focal flower so nicely. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the size of this card and how you stamped the background. The floral is awesome! Thanks for playing CCMC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how fun! I love 3x6 cards and how you placed the banner on front with the flowers!!! Great job! Thanks for playing along with us on Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE how you layered your flower and the clean look of your design! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Occasions Edition 2012 Saturday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete